Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Antidepressant equivalency to a Benzodiazepine?

A question that should be asked for everyone who has taken a benzodiazepene and has few options, because of the addictive hook to them. I was first prescribed "Lorazepam-Ativan" 5mg as young as 16. This was a huge prescription mistake my pediatrician had done. I was addicted and had been taken to a clinic for tapering off the "Lorazepam-Ativan". I was given "Clonazepam- Klonopin" and took 1.5mg and then started to taper off it. I am now off both benzodiazepenes. My psychiatrist prescribed me "Seroquel" 150mg and "Cipralex" 15mg. Seroquel only, helps me sleep and Cipralex does nothing whats so ever. What Cipralex or any other antidepressant is the equivalent to a benzodiazepene? After the withdrawal I feel like I NEED THEM for everyday life. I was diagnosed with "panic disorder" and haven't left the house, except for psychiatric appointments. My anxiety is through the through the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment