Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How to turn pars into birdies?

The obvious answers are to improve your putting and hit more greens in regulation. You have to remember that par is always a good score though. With putting you have to have the mindset that you're going to make every putt. The majority of birdies I've made have been on putts over 15 feet. For some reason, unless I hit it stiff, I haven't made many putts for birdie in the 5-10 foot range. I've made some bombs for birdie as well as chipping in for birdie on several occasions. I make more putts for par in the 5-10 foot range than I do for birdie. Strange, but that's my reality. I played 9 holes on Sunday and had 2 legitimate birdie putts and missed both. I missed a lot of greens, but was able to get it up and down about half the time. If I putted better, I would have shot a 38 like you did, but ended up shooting 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment